Wednesday 7 May 2014

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

We used a variety of new media technologies during our construction and research,planning and evaluation such as an Ipad ,IMac ,Sony SLR, Nikon D5200 and an Iphone 5s. (as seen below)









Using different media technologies enabled us to do a variety of things that we would not be able to do without these new media platforms such as blog on the go and voice recording. We also used cameras to record interviews with our cast members whilst we were in the recruitment stage.


When looking at the trailer which we produced and edited using final cut express I can see that we used many features of the service such as slow motion and lighting effects we also used facebook to distribute our film. 

Blogger: This program allowed me to place all of work and express my work. This program was like a diary that allowed me to express what I wanted to achieve in my final edit. It also allowed me to import images, moodboards, music and clips of example work which helped me to find camera angles and use them in my edit and find out how they would effect my work.

Prezi: This program showed me to present information in a different creative way about my film, also examples of ideas that I may of had such as, camera angles, music, images and artists.

Garageband: This program allowed me to analyze music and rearrange parts that made a slow entrance and a louder middle part to the film which made my edit flow with the clips that I put in.

Powtoon: Using Powtoon is a different way of presenting a post. The program was creative in displaying information which we could put video's and images in and annotate with text. We could also use Powtoon to create videos of our own and myself and my team took full advantage of it.

Apple macs: We used apple mac computers as they were the best way of editing with clips together. Also they allowed us to blend music and titles together. Also we were allowed access to other programs such as garageband and final cut, which an ordinary computer wouldn't have.

Iphone 5s: We used these smartphones whilst we were on the go because they have internet and communicative capabilities making them perfect for research on the go, there is also a notebook application which is very useful for keeping hold of text such as the script and written treatment so that we can refer to them whilst on set instead of carrying around a notepad.

Photoshop was used to create all of our media conventions such as; Teaser Poster, Final Magazine Cover. In which allowed us to distribute information about the film towards the public. This established the audience that we we're aspiring towards.

Final Cut, was our main media technology software we used this to edit and view the trailer creation. The use of this software was used in our premnilmary and final trailer. The use of final cut allowed us to cut and add filter and effects that could add more definition into the trailer. These would be things such as, cross dissolve where the end of a clip would fade to black this resembled an new location or person. This was useful in effect with using the volume changer, where we double clicked an clip and could change the sound levels, this was used on the voice of the narrator and certain fighting scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment